![]() |
| Image |
After looking at the 50 blogs Kim gave us the link to. I chose a really interesting blog to write about.
Jessica Carlton is the author of The Polka-dotted Teacher.. A blog for cute and authentic learning ideas, resources, and designs for your classroom (her words not mine). She founded the blog in February 2012. Jessica is a fourth grade teacher. She shares ideas and resources that she uses in her classroom. She gives links to other teachers' blogs and does giveaways. At this time she has 300 followers on Facebook. She is addicted to clip art and there are a ton of links and tags in the the margins. She shares ideas to enhance your curriculum as well as professional development ideas for teachers. She is really into arts and crafts and likes to spruce up her classroom to make it inviting and fun for her students.
She gets a lot of ideas from Pinterest. I looked through the archives and found several posts about technology. One website that she blogged about was Pixton for Schools. This is a really cool tech tool to use with students. It is a subscription site that helps you make comic strips for you to use with your students. I liked this site and plan on checking it out and experimenting with it in the near future. She made a comic strip for math problems. What an awesome way to engage students! A comic strip is much more inviting than a word problem written out for students to answer on paper.
I will definitely follow this blog because she shares really good ideas for every subject. She also includes the links for her ideas and the Printables she uses. She recommends other blogs for different age levels which I found handy. She teaches fourth grade so I'm not able to utilize all of her cool ideas but I can follow other bloggers that teach lower level grades due to her recommendations. Another handy thing she does is something called a Linky Party. She got this from another blogger named Kelly Dolling and puts her resources and recommendations in it. I found a lot of great resources, ideas and products in it.
I honestly don't know how these teachers find the time to blog. I am, however, grateful because I have found so many great resources, products and ideas to use with my class and to use in the future should I get the opportunity to work with older students.
This assignment has opened up a whole new world of places for me to find tips and ideas. Pinterest is amazing. I have signed up and started pinning ideas that I like to my board. I found some great things there. I love how teachers collaborate and share through blogging. I plan on adding this blog and others that I discovered in this assignment to my Reader. Amazing things can be found on blogs!!!!!

Hi Lisa,
ReplyDeletelove your post ,and the blog that you choose it really interesting.
Although ,the blog was found in February 2012, but it contains a lot of useful information for teachers. you are right, this assignment has opened up a whole new world of places for us to find tips and ideas.